Sony gives us more details about their new CLM-FHD5 clip-on LCD field monitor announced with the a7rii:
A perfect match fo compact mirrorless cameras, the new slim Clip-on Monitor CLM-FHD5 with Full HD (1920×1080) resolution effectively supports accurate focusing on a 5.0-type large screen, either for shooting stills or movies on the spot. It also features multiple functions, e.g. enlarged display (x3 or x6), Peaking, False Color, Video Level Marker, S-Log Display Assist and so on.
Here are the features at a glance:
- 5″ LCD
- 1920×1080 resolution
- Comes with hot shoe adapter
- Comes with foldable sunshade
- Dimensions: 139mmx100x23.1mm
- x3 and x6 magnification
- Focus peaking
- False color
- S-Log Display Assist (see below)
- takes M, V and W (adapter needed for W) series batteries
- 90 degrees tiltable on both sides. 180 degrees horizontal rotation.
- HDMI Type A connector and 2.5mm headphone jack
- DC In port (proprietary)
- Built-in monoaural speakers
Regarding S-Log2 Display Assist:
It is clear it’s just a kind of LUT applied over the image so you can see things better easily. However, the image doesn’t show any controls to tweak things in case of an exposure change, so I don’t know how helpful it will be in real use.
Sony has yet to confirm pricing.