Datacolor tells us why we should upgrade to the new Spyder 5 calibration system and how it is different:
…With Spyder5, monitor calibration has never been so easy and accurate. Designed for passionate photographers – including hobbyists, over ambitious amateurs and professionals – Spyder5EXPRESS, Spyder5PRO and Spyder5ELITE offer you the basis for displaying colors accurately and consistently in order to achieve reliable color on your monitor during the image editing process and for better print matching.
Features (from B&H):
- Spyder5 calibrates your monitor to an industry color reference standard to ensure on-screen colors are accurate, grays and whites are consistent, shadow and highlight details are protected, and skin tones are true-to-life.
- The software provides you a calibration wizard, with interactive help.
- The software supports storing 16 calibrations choices, allowing adjustment of white point, gamma, and ambient brightness among other settings.
- Spyder5PRO allows you to calibrate laptops and desktop monitors.
- Featuring 3 ambient light settings, you can color correct with confidence knowing that your monitor stays calibrated even as ambient lighting conditions shift.
- Before and After calibration evaluation is possible using a Standard Datacolor image, or your user imported images.
- You can calibrate your monitor in just 5 minutes, and monthly recalibrations can take half that.