Clinton Harn reports on the new Letus35 anamorphic adapter:
Here are the preliminary specs from Letus35:
1. Works with current prime and zoom lenses
2. Focusable with 0.8mm gear (The adapter has 3 positions: Close Focus, Mid Focus and Far Focus replacing the need for add-on diopters. For critical focus the user can fine tune further).
3. High resolution. Said to be capable of at least 2K with most lenses
4. Custom optical components
5. Multi-coated for superior image quality but still retain elegant flare. (a single coat option will also be available that will flare more. The multi-coat version has higher resolving power)
6. Made ready with matte box
7. Patent pending clip on 2 stage filter
8. Mounting solution for 114mm outside diameter lens like Zeiss CP* and adapting ring for smaller lens like 77mm, 82mm, etc.
9. 1/4-20 and 3/8-16 mounting points
10. CNC aluminum housing
11. 1.33x squeeze, which will work with all current crop of 16:9 cameras, bringing it to a standard 2.39:1
Read the full overview here.