This is my present and entire gear list:
Updated as of 21st December 2016. Note: Links are to B&H and Amazon affiliates. Buying from these links will not cost you extra, and will help me earn a little bit in commission. Thanks for your support!
I’ve decided to invest in the Sony system, and I need all three cameras for my Youtube videos and projects. Which is my favorite? I like the a7R II the most.
- Samyang 14mm T3.5 Cine (B&H, Amazon)
- Nikon 28mm f/2.8 (hardly ever use this) (B&H, Amazon)
- Nikon 50mm f/1.2 (B&H, Amazon)
- Nikon 135mm f/2 DC (B&H, Amazon)
- Desmond DAC-02 60mm and Kirk QRC-1 Quick Release Clamps, Sunfoto
- OConnor Universal Baseplate – the best baseplate in the world
- Pro VCT-U14 – I recommend an original Sony or JVC
- Current: Gondor, from CAME-TV (Don’t recommend it!)
- Wish List: Arri MMF-2
Rods: Generic, steel and aluminum, 15mm LWS
- 4×5.65: Formatt Firecrest IRNDs (B&H, Amazon), Cavision graduated (I don’t recommend Cavision)
- 4×4 and circular: Hoya, Haida, Lee, etc.
- Sony NP-FW50 x 6
- Cheap knock-offs from Ebay
- 135 Wh FXLION x2 (Gold mount), 95 Wh Rolux (V mount) – these work fine.
- Wish List: Anton Bauer
- Anker power banks
- Wooden Camera Gold Mount Plate for the A7s (works on all a7 series cameras, really well built)
- For the Shogun: Dolgin D-tap to D-tap cable – is dependable.
- Sony chargers (crappy slow chargers!)
- Knock off from Ebay – fast!
- Wooden Camera Battery Slide (Excellent product)
- Generic railblock, cheeseplate, accessories – mostly from Ebay
Tripod and Head
Fluid head: Cartoni FocusHD
- Benro A3570T aluminium legs with a 100mm to 3/8″ adapter/riser. (Discontinued model)
- Flyfilms 100mm tripod for studio/teleprompter use – I do not recommend this, very flimsy for field use.
None. The Shogun is good enough. For studio use I have a Dell I connect to when I want a bigger image.
Shotgun: Sennheiser ME66/K6
- Audio Technica 3350 (Do not recommend these at all, poor EMI shielding!)
- Ahuja (Indian brand)
- Dream list: Sanken COS-11D
Cables: MX (Indian brand)
Zepellin and Pole: K-Tek + K-GPS Kit
For field use: Tascam DR-60D (I)
USB Adapter: Shure X2U XLR to USB Adapter (I use this to directly record into computer)
Lightmeter: Sekonic L478D
Rechargeable AA Batteries and Charger: Eneloop Pro/XX (For non-rechargeable I prefer Duracell)
- Walk-around photography: Pisen (Nat Geo clone, but tough as hell)
- Work: Thinktank Retrospective 30
- Storage: Pinnacle (local manufacturer) hard case and custom foam
- Backpack and for carry-on flying: Osprey Talon 44 with a locally-made custom camera enclosure for the full rig
Color Chart: DSC Labs OneShot Pocket
Intervalometer: JJC TM-F2
All kinds of lights, from LEDs to Tungsten/Halogen and DIY Fluorescent banks, photo stands, C-stands, rigging adapters and gear, and an iPad teleprompter.
Editing: Adobe Premiere Pro
Audio: Adobe Audition
Effects and Finishing: Adobe After Effects
Grading: Adobe Premiere Pro (Lumetri)
Player: VLC and Quicktime
LUTs and Testing: DaVinci Resolve 12.5
Computer: iMac 27″ 2012 (3.5GHz i5, 16 GB RAM, 1GB Nvidia GPU) – the GPU is a real bottleneck, time for an upgrade soon!
External disks I use (all USB 3.0):
- Seagate 1 TB, 2TB, 4TB
- WD 1TB
- HGST Touro 1TB – my favorite 7200 rpm drives for editing. The others are all 5400rpm.
- Transcend 1TB
And lots of miscellaneous extras I have no time to write about!