Download your free low budget filmmaking blueprint + video guide.
Hi, I’m Sareesh Sudhakaran
I am an award-winning filmmaker and cinematographer who has been making films since 2002.
In 2010, I wrote, produced and directed The Impossible Murder, a locked room murder mystery set in the heart of rural India. Certified U/A, it has a running length of 82 minutes, and has more than 1.5 million views on YouTube.
I’m self-taught, my experience comes from the school of hard knocks. Now my knowledge is yours for the taking.
“Sareesh takes his already thorough and practical ‘free’ tips and articles and goes far beyond the basics in his guides.
If you are looking for information that you can understand and put to work immediately, you owe it to your work to check out everything he publishes.“ERIC, CANADA
“Sareesh has a gift for digesting high volumes of complicated technical information and present it using a clear, concise, writing style that empowers the reader.
Also, he includes embedded videos to further illustrate and expand on each subject.”HOWARD, LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA
Filmmaking for beginners
Enter the world of filmmaking and learn everything there is to know about it.
Cinematography for beginners
If you’re new to exposure, shutter speeds, camera angles, choosing cameras and so on, start here.
Master Camera Angles and Movement
Take your cinematography skills to the next level with these advanced techniques, and learn how the great masters did it.
Learn Film Lighting
Light like a professional and deliver cinematic films. Film lighting separates the men from the boys.
Camera Reviews and Guides
Which camera is best? Dive into my detailed camera reviews, comparisons and guides.
“Sareesh is an amazing teacher. I was looking for a guide like this for quite some time and am happy I came upon this.”BAYLEE SINNER, SEATTLE, WA
“Sareesh has in-depth knowledge in all aspects of video /cinema production work.”CRISTIANA BONTEMPS, MONACO
There are 1,000+ articles and 200+ videos (and counting) for you to learn from. Here’s the latest:
- How to get the Film Look Easily without using LUTs or PluginsThe easiest way to create the film look without knowing how to grade or spending money on LUTs or plugins.
- The Complete Guide to Camera BatteriesHow many camera batteries should you buy with your camera? This easy guide will show you how to plan your purchaes.
- Sidney Lumet. A tribute.This post is my tribute to a great individual, director, teacher and mentor.
- How to Use the Focal Length of a LensThe simplest explanation of what the focal length of a lens really is, and how you use it for filmmaking.
- Why are Films Shot in Two Colors?Why do movies adopt a dual tone strategy? Why do they use two colors, and not three or four… or one? Let’s find out.
- What Lens to Get? Comprehensive Guide to Finding the Right Lenses for CinematographyIf you’re a beginner and don’t know what lens to get, then this article will tell you exactly what to get, and why it is best for you.
- What you need to know before making a 3D (Stereoscopy) MovieWhat steps can you take to ensure your 3D movie is a success? This article tells you what you need to know.
- What is the Best Aperture for Filmmaking?No, it’s not a trick question. There really is an answer…the democratic one.
- How I made “The Tarpa Player”Here’s how I made The Tarpa Player using the Canon 1DX Mark III