Here’s a video analysis of Sergio Leone’s “tavern scene” in Once upon a time in the west:
This is a quintessential Sergio Leone scene – has all his signature techniques:
- Actors popping into scenes
- Close ups and long shots
- The element of surprise
- Great music
- Great dialogue
- Economy of storytelling – pure cinema
- Scene length: 13:35 minutes.
- Total number of shots: 152
- ASL (Average Shot Length): 5.36 seconds.
EXCLUSIVE NOTES and REWARDS:
Get an exclusive downloadable PDF of my notes on this video by supporting wolfcrow on Patreon. You can also watch the video 24 hours before it is made public, and get discounts on guides and courses. Click here to know more.