This is my entire gear list, both present, future and recommended (stuff I don’t need):
Note: Links are to B&H and Amazon affiliates. Buying from these links will not cost you extra, and will help me earn a little bit in commission. Thanks for your support!
- Samyang 14mm T3.5 Cine (B&H, Amazon)
- Nikon 28mm f/2.8 (hardly ever use this) (B&H, Amazon)
- Nikon 50mm f/1.2 (B&H, Amazon)
- Nikon 50mm Z f/1.8 S (Amazon, B&H)
- Nikon 135mm f/2 DC (B&H, Amazon)
- Metabones G to E Mount
- Fotodiox ND Throttle F to E Mount
- Aputure LensRegain EF to MFT
- FTZ Nikon adapter for Z to F mount (Amazon, B&H)
- Generic adapters for PL, Mamiya 645, EF, etc.
- Desmond DAC-02 60mm and Kirk QRC-1 Quick Release Clamps, Sunfoto
- OConnor Universal Baseplate – the best baseplate in the world
- Pro VCT-U14 – I recommend an original Sony or JVC
- Current: Gondor, from CAME-TV (Don’t recommend it!)
- Wish List: Arri MMF-2
Rods: Generic, steel and aluminum, 15mm LWS
- 4×5.65: Formatt Firecrest IRNDs (B&H, Amazon), Cavision graduated (I don’t recommend Cavision)
- 4×4 and circular: Hoya, Haida, Lee, etc.
- Sony NP-FW50 x 6
- Cheap knock-offs from Ebay
- 135 Wh FXLION x2 (Gold mount), 95 Wh Rolux (V mount) – these work fine.
- Wish List: Anton Bauer
- Anker power banks
- For Panasonic, Wasabi batteries.
- Various P-tap to dummy battery adapters
- Wooden Camera Gold Mount Plate for the A7s (works on all a7 series cameras, really well built)
- For the Shogun: Dolgin D-tap to D-tap cable – is dependable.
- Sony chargers (crappy slow chargers!)
- Panasonic and Wasabi charger
- Knock off from Ebay – fast!
- Wooden Camera Battery Slide (Excellent product)
- Generic railblock, cheeseplate, accessories – mostly from Ebay
Tripod and Head
Fluid head: Cartoni FocusHD
- Benro A3570T aluminium legs with a 100mm to 3/8″ adapter/riser. (Discontinued model)
- Flyfilms 100mm tripod for studio/teleprompter use – I do not recommend this, very flimsy for field use.
- On-camera: Atomos Shogun
- 24″ Production: FSI DM240
Shotgun: Sennheiser ME66/K6
Dreamlist: MKH-series, but yet to decide.
- Audio Technica 3350 (Do not recommend these at all, poor EMI shielding!)
- Rode SmartLav+ (Do not recommend these due to average audio quality, but fine for YouTube vlogging)
- Ahuja (Indian brand)
- Dream list: Sanken COS-11D
Cables: MX (Indian brand)
Zepellin and Pole: K-Tek + K-GPS Kit
Current: Tascam DR-60D (I)
Wish List: Sound Devices 633
USB Adapter: Shure X2U XLR to USB Adapter (I use this to directly record into computer)
Lightmeter: Sekonic L478D (The only light meter that can read high ISOs and frame rates!)
Rechargeable AA Batteries and Charger: Eneloop Pro/XX
- Walk-around photography: Pisen (Nat Geo clone, but tough as hell)
- Work: Thinktank Retrospective 30
- Storage: Pinnacle (local manufacturer) hard case and custom foam
- Backpack and for carry-on flying: Osprey Talon 44 with a locally-made custom camera enclosure for the full rig
Color Chart: DSC Labs OneShot Pocket
Intervalometer: JJC TM-F2
All kinds of lights, from LEDs to Tungsten/Halogen and DIY Fluorescent banks, photo stands, C-stands, rigging adapters and gear, and an iPad teleprompter.
Editing: DaVinci Resolve 15.2 (Previously Adobe Premiere Pro)
Audio: DaVinci Resolve 15.2 and Audacity. (Previously Adobe Audition)
Effects, Grading and Finishing: DaVinci Resolve 15.2
Player: VLC and Quicktime
Online Video: Vimeo Pro and YouTube
- Primary grading monitor: FSI DM240
- 4K GUI Monitor: LG 32UD59 (Do not recommend)
- 2nd GUI Monitor 1080p: Dell
Second Computer: iMac 27″ 2012 (3.5GHz i5, 16 GB RAM, 1GB Nvidia GPU)
Storage NAS: Synology DS1817+ (Amazon) with various 10TB Enterprise drives. No RAID or JBOD, just separate drives.
External disks I use (all USB 3.0):
- Seagate 1 TB, 2TB, 4TB
- WD 1TB
- HGST Touro 1TB – my favorite 7200 rpm drives for editing. The others are all 5400rpm.
- Transcend 1TB
Current mobile phone: iPhone 8 Plus.