What is a focal reducer and is it worth it? Here’s the video that tells you like it is:
Which is the best focal reducer?
- First (in recent times) to make these
- Have a lot of options for different formats and lenses
- Weather sealing
- Rugged and well-built, zero play
- Proven track record with regular firmware updates
- Twist lock in some models
- Autofocus in some models
- Control aperture and focus (manual only) via a grip you can attach to the tripod handle
- Set A and B stops for focus pulls
- Wireless with good battery life
- Lock iris
- Control record on/off
- Both transmitter and grip are paired in the factory and I’ve had zero issues.
- Not great build quality
- My LED on the transmitter has died already. Am not sure how reliable they are in the field (mine hasn’t even left my office!)
- Only useful if you’re standing behind the tripod for long events.