Welcome to the Sony A7s Guide! This is the very first lesson. It is for those who need:
- a crash course in getting their camera running, and
- a super-quick overview of its features. Specific settings and features for photography and videography will be dealt later.
For most of you this lesson might be too simple, so you might want to skip to the next module. I recommend you watch it just in case. It’s not that long.
If you want to jump to a specific section, here are the contents (non-clickable links):
- What’s in the box? 1:30
- Charging and powering up 1:49
- Adjusting the viewfinder 2:08
- Dials and buttons on the top and back 2:35
- Memory cards and recording standards (NTSC or PAL?) 3:51
- How to record video and playback clips 5:12
- In-camera level 5:37
- Connection ports 6:00
- Sensor cleaning 6:19
- Is the Sony A7s weather-sealed? 6:52
Click on the link below to the next lesson or head over to the main menu (above). If you need help with something, feel free to send me an email. I’ll try to get back to you as soon as possible.
These are important topics raised by subscribers that shed more light on this lesson.
Q. Are all cameras PAL/NTSC switchable?
A. No. As a user pointed out, cameras sold in the US probably are not PAL/NTSC switchable. Here’s a photograph sent to me:
A. At the very least it is about 10 seconds. Even on a full card (64GB), I have never gone above 30 seconds. Usually it’s around the 20-second mark.